They are doing it again! Boy Scout Troup 23 of Great Barrington will be recycling Christmas trees as a service to the community and a fundraiser for the Scouts on two Saturdays in January. Trees should be taken to 265 Stockbridge Road (the former LOCKE, STOCK & BARREL Grocer) in Great Barrington or can be picked up on either January 9 or January 16, 2020.
Option#1: You can drop off your tree ($5 suggested donation)
On Saturday January 9 or Saturday January 16, just drop off your tree with your donation at the recycling location between 10am and 1pm at 265 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington.
Option#2: The Scouts will pick up your tree at your home ($10 suggested donation)
- Call 413-274-2433 to schedule curbside pickup (leave a message if no one answers). Give your address and a phone number where you can be reached.
- Place your tree and donation curbside by 9am on Saturday January 9th or 9am Saturday January 16th as scheduled.
- Trees will be picked up by the Scouts and brought to a chipper location for mulching/recycling.
- Please note: Scouts cannot accept flocked trees, or trees with tinsel, nails, or wire still attached.
- The suggested donation of $10 can be provided by check payable to: Boy Scout Troup 23. Donation should be attached to the bottom of the tree in a zip-lock bag to keep it dry.
Your donations fund Boy Scout Troop activities right here in South County. Thank you for your support!
Ward’s is re-posting this information on our web page as a customer service. Happy New Year!