We’re pleased to suggest these additional resources and organization websites to help you get the information you need. We have tried to limit our links to objective sources of information.
Southern Berkshire Chamber of Commerce suggests places to stay and dine in the area.
While we will happily help diagnose a plant problem, you might want to consult these online factsheets or hotlines.
- Spongy Moth (Lymantria dispar-formerly Gypsy Moth) Information – UMass Fact Sheets
- Disease Fact Sheets Organized by Crop – Cornell University
- Lily Leaf Beetle Management – Tip Sheet – UMass Agricultural Extension
- Watch for Invasive Spotted Lanternfly – Tips – Cornell University
- Viburnum Leaf Beetle Management – Cornell University Fact Sheet
- Gardening Cornell Extension — information for home gardeners
- Fruit Tree Information for Home Orchard Beginners – Ward’s Fruit Tree Source Hollybrook Orchards
- Ohio State University Fact Sheet – extensive Factsheets that will often apply to gardening in the Berkshires
Ward’s supports these resources due to their assistance to Berkshire gardeners and the environment.
- Berkshire Botanical Garden
- Berkshire Grown – Supporting Local Food and Farms since 1985-
- Center for Ecological Technology – Pittsfield & Northampton, Mass.
- Landis Arboretum: A Showcase of Woody Plants in their Natural State
- Western Massachusetts Master Gardeners
American Orchid Society
One of the most useful resources from the American Orchid Society is the culture sheets for the most popular cultivated orchid genera and miscellaneous other topics.
You’ll find them easy to print and use.
This link will take you there. Just click on ‘Orchid Information’ at the top of the homepage.
American Orchid Society Culture Sheets